Big Data Analytics is at The Russell Hotel. Here’s the programme. We’ve got a stand with a picture of a profiterole on it. We’ve got a 45 minute seminar on Managing Your Supply Chain Data For Maximum Value. A Big Data Case Study. This will be a real world example of using Big Data to [...]
Big Data Analytics is at The Russell Hotel. Here’s the programme. We’ve got a stand with a picture of a profiterole on it. We’ve got 2 of our major customers speaking at the first plenary session: Dermot Finch, Regional Director South, The Prince’s Trust and Mark Aryaeenia, Leader, Enterprise Development Unit, Dun & Bradstreet Europe. (Good [...]
Channel 4 found this spot in Leeds which, it is claimed, is England’s burglary hot spot – and they created documentary TV based on it. In the first 20 minutes of the programme, we created 1 map and 3 charts, uploaded them to our site and Tweeted 4 mini stories based on crime in Leeds. [...]
Every month in parts of our inner cities, nearly half of all job seekers go onto or come off the unemployment register. That ‘churn’ – where so many are moving into and out of work – creates uncertainty and stress. The chart here shows the gap between the flows onto job seekers’ allowance and the [...]
WHY data? What is BIG about data? Why blending is good. See Paul’s talk at ECCV 2013.
We’re speaking at and sponsoring the 2013 Enterprise Cloud Computing & Virtualisation Conference. It’s on March 7 in London.
Crime in England & Wales rose by 110,000 or 23% between December last when the Home Office website went online and April (6 months). This is a steep increase. It’s possible that December is a seasonally low crime month (the data certainly suggests that), in which case the rise is 70,000 or 14%. Still significant. [...]
For those interested in a global perspective, G-View 3 captures global data. US economic data is richly detailed and for those interested in seeing, for example, GDP by industry and state and how UK regions compare, the data are powerful. We have prepared a screenshot and very short demo of how the data performs (for [...]
Those interested in how the UK will fare in the next 10-20 years, should consider “An Economy that Works; Job Creation and America’s Future”, a McKinsey Report. The numbers are of course American, but the lessons are applicable here. Two interesting findings from many. Figure A6 (page 66) distinguishes employment on a 5 x 3 [...]
The Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) 2010 is a comprehensive analysis of wealth and poverty in England. Based on 8 ‘domans’ of poverty: Housing Crime Education Employment Health Income Environment TOTAL As with all government data, this database captures EVERYONE. Therefore, although the focus is on poverty, where the poor do not live, live the [...]
- RT @GavurinPaul: Sting performing on his home turf tonight. A benefit for @sage_gateshead which is looking good in the sun. http://t.co/yYO… 1 day ago retweeted via GavurinPaul
- Supporting #sustainability . Thanks to @IFC_org & @mattgamser for hosting great discussion on how @healrworld data will make a difference. 19 days ago
- Some fantastic potential on show at @ignite100 showcase tonight at @campusnorthuk 66 days ago
- RT @healrworld: Really proud to have hosted a session with the @UN today with D&B, @Cornerstone_Cap and @Gavurin on SME sustainability. 81 days ago retweeted via healrworld
- .@DataKindUK and @nechildpoverty look at the problem of Child Poverty in the North East http://t.co/MOC1ifj990 81 days ago